Well, it was finally time to decorate the cake! I took the fondant out and started rolling...but there was one problem. I didn't have enough to cover the cake. I was so mad! So what I ended up having to do is cut the cake. I turned a 9 in round cake into a 4-5 inch round cake. I tried my best but some of the sides began to crumble away, but it definitely looked like a circle which is the most important.
I laid the fondant down and began to decorate. I made my leaves with cookie cutters and I stuck them on with Vodka (any clear alcohol will do but water would be the worst thing to use) - the Vodka also helps with eliminating the powdery look of the fondant. It was okay for being my first cake but I still wish I could have done better. It would have been great to have made the leaves look real instead of like clay...BUT...I was happy with my little pumpkin.
(If you're interested, this was made with orange fondant, rolled into a ball and a clove as the stem.) Overall, I'm happy I attempted to try my hand at decorating cakes. Next time will hopefully be better...but I don't think it will be right away, my arms and hands are still sore...:o)