So here we are at 38 1/2 weeks preggers and my Dr. has given me the option of inducing on Wednesday (because my cervix doesn't seem to be doing anything). To an impatient couple and an uncomfortable pregnant woman, this is a very hard offer to refuse. However, after much thought and consideration, I have come to the realization that this is already becoming an unnatural childbirth. Although DH has accepted my decision, this completely baffles him as he can't understand why I am torturing myself by remaining pregnant for possibly another 2 weeks when I am being given a get-out-of-jail-free-card but all I can reason is, if I'm not over 40 wks and there is no medical reason to induce then why do it? To make me more comfortable? Sounds tempting but I think I'll pass. LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
To Induce or Not to Induce, that is the question...
For those of you that don't know this, I have decided to have a natural childbirth. The problem from the very beginning was that "I" decided this...alone. My husband can not understand, for the life of him, why anyone would want to feel pain. In the beginning of the pregnancy I explained my reasoning to him but it was never really understood, it was accepted but not understood.